A key goal of the PMH1 Project is to maximize predictability during the construction period and minimize disruption for commuters, goods movers, residents and the public. Lane closures on Highway 1 take place between 7:30 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. weeknights and on weekends when there is less traffic. Other scheduled lane closures related to the project are noted below.
No planned highway lane closures or delays are scheduled during the following restricted periods:
- Weekdays between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- On Statutory Holidays and long weekends
- When events are occurring at major venues that are expected to draw large amounts of traffic, eastbound lane closures will start later to allow traffic to dissipate.
- When lane closures are permitted, traffic will be monitored to ensure that delays on Highway 1 do not exceed:
- 10 minutes between Vancouver and Coquitlam
- 10 minutes between Coquitlam and Surrey
- 10 minutes between Surrey and Langley
- 20 minutes total between Vancouver and Langley
At times and for specific purposes, full closures of Highway 1 for up to 20 minutes may be permitted without a detour route in place. In circumstances where such a closure is required - usually for installing girders or decking for an overpass over the highway - the closure will be well-signed and advertised in advance.
Please click on the links on the left to view construction bulletins for the following areas:
- Coquitlam/Cape Horn
- Port Mann Bridge
- Project Wide